Friday, July 2, 2010

Ohio Coffee Company


Well... not long after I started my blog, I found out we were expecting a little one! Getting ready for him, giving birth, and discovering how to live with a new person in our lives has taken quite awhile, so my blogging has been non-existant since October 2009! Now, almost a year later, I'm hoping to get things rolling again!

To start things off for the summer of '10, I'd like to share about a lovely discovery my husband and I have made in town. On the corner of Fifth and Ludlow downtown, there is a fantastic old building that a new "mom and pop" type coffee shop has moved into. The Ohio Coffee Company is locally owned by Rob, who is also frequently the friendly barista. Since my husband and I are all about supporting locally owned businesses, this place is right up our ally. I'm not the best judge of coffees since I usually sugar it up if I drink it, but I hear the coffee is really good! I'm usually up for the sugary girly coffees which they do offer... I enjoyed the peppermint patty mocha last time I was there, but there are dozens of other options to choose from! When I was trying to avoid some of the caffeine while being pregnant, I tried out the hot chocolate, which is creamy, rich, and delish! The other day while I was on a hot summer walk through downtown, I swung by and discovered their delicious fruit smoothies. Besides having a variety of beverages, they also have some fantastic lunch options. I recently had the chicken salad sandwich, which I thoroughly enjoyed. The time before that, I had the hummus wrap, which was equally as good. Everything is made to order and very fresh! They have a lot of really healthy and unique lunch options at fair prices on their menu. Their address is: 46 W 5th St, Dayton, OH 45402. Check it out next time you're downtown... or make a special trip!






No comments:

Post a Comment